- 1 large egg
- 1 cup flour
- 1 cup milk
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1/2 cup canned pumpkin puree
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1/4 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 apple, peeled, cored, and chopped
- About 2 tbsp. butter, divided
- 1. Mix together all ingredients except butter and syrup in a medium bowl.
- 2. Melt 2 tsp. butter in a large nonstick frying pan over medium heat. Spoon batter by 1/3-cup portions into pan, making 3 or 4 pancakes at a time. Cook, turning once, until cooked through, 8 to 10 minutes. Continue making pancakes with remaining batter, adding more butter to pan for each batch. Serve with syrup and more butter if you like.
We were out of nutmeg so we used pumpkin pie spice.