From the October Issue of All You Magazine
- 4 scallions, chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, finely chopped
- 2 tablespoons low-sodium soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon dark sesame oil
- 1 tablespoon sesame seeds
- 1/4 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 1/2 teaspoon honey
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1 12-oz. package extra firm tofu, drained, cut into 8 slices
- 1. In a small bowl, stir scallions, garlic, soy sauce, sesame oil, sesame seeds, red pepper flakes and honey.
- 2. Warm vegetable oil over medium-high heat in a large nonstick skillet. Pat tofu dry and add to skillet. Cook, turning once, until golden brown on both sides, 8 minutes total.
- 3. Spoon sauce mixture over tofu, cover pan and turn off heat. Let stand 3 minutes. Transfer slices to a serving platter and serve immediately.
- 1. Add brown rice with chopped cilantro and steamed snow peas as sides or a salad with sesame dressing.
- 2. The cheapest place to find sesame oil is an Asian market. The cheapest place to find tofu is usually Trader Joe's.
- 3. I think this will become a Meatless Monday staple in our house.
- 4. Also, you might want to cut the tofu into smaller slices for easier chopstick handling.