This was a find in my recipe bin, obviously photo copied from a book. I have no idea where this came from, so I can't give credit to whomever created this awesome dish.
1 cup fresh cilantro (leaves and some stems)
1/2 cup fresh parsley
2 tablespoons whole raw almonds
1/2 clove garlic
1/4 cup extra virgin olive oil
4 tablespoons unsalted butter
1 onion cut into wedges (I chopped mine)
1 14-oz can diced tomatoes
1 bunch kale, chopped
1/4 cup chopped carrots
1/3 cup raisins
1 1/2 cups whole wheat couscous
1. Make the pesto. Combine everything for pesto in a food processor and pulse until smooth
2. Prepare vegetables for couscous. heat pan and add 3 tbsp butter and 1 tsp salt.. Cook until butter is brown. Add onion and cinnamon. Cook until onion is lightly browned. Add tomatoes, 1 cup water, carrots, kale, raisins, salt and pepper taste. Cook, stirring occasionally, until vegetables are tender or about 15 minutes.
3. Make the couscous as label directs.
4. Top couscous with vegetables and pesto.
1. This can be served as a main dish or a side dish. We added roasted lemon chicken thighs and garlicky bacon kale.
2. I don't even like Moroccan food and I liked this.
3. Waffle loved this.
That time we went to Tofino
3 years ago