A few years ago a friend sent me this recipe. I've since modified it and it's become a Snowgoose staple. It's always a hit with company and leftovers are fought over.
Danielle's Famous Enchiladas
2 1/2 cups shredded or cubed chicken (shredded works best, so save your rotisserie scraps)
8 oz cream cheese (we like the Philadelphia cooking cream cheese)
28 oz green enchilada sauce (do not get red!)
5 oz mild chili peppers
1/4 c diced onions
1/2 c sliced bell peppers (frozen is fine)
10 flour tortillas
8 oz cheddar or Mexican-blend cheese
1. Cook chicken in a skillet. Add peppers and onions
2. Add cream cheese and chilies to chicken and vegetables
3. Divide up mix in the tortillas, roll tightly and place in a large baking dish or 2 8x8 dishes (these work best).
4. Layer enchilada sauce on top of rolled tortillas. Make sure everything covered.
5. Add cheese on top of sauce
6. Cover with foil, bake at 350 degrees for 10-15 minutes, or until cheese has melted.
7. Serve with rice, black or refried beans, and corn.
Makes 5 servings.
Cooks notes: You can fill these with pretty much anything you have on hand.
That time we went to Tofino
2 years ago