Saturday, October 8, 2011

Garlic-Basil Shrimp

This might have been a Weight Watchers recipe that I adapted. I found it in my recipe file during a routine sweep of things I thought I'd cook buut likely never will.

Ingredients

2 tbspn olive oil
1 pound frozen shrimp (peeled and deveined)
2 tbspn minced garlic
1/8 tsp crushed red pepper flakes
1/4 cup white wine
1/2 cup cherry tomatoes
fresh basil (or 1 tbspn from the basil in a tube)
salt and pepper to taste
1/4 cup parmesian cheese
1 cup orzo
1 large zucchini, cubed

Directions
1. Cook orzo according to package
2. In a large skillet cook shrimp, tomoatoes, garlic, oil, and zucchini until tender. Add the wine and red pepper flakes and basil. Stir and turn down heat.
3. Mix it all together and sprinkle with cheese. Serve with a salad.

No comments: