Monday, October 10, 2011

Easy Crock pot Beef Stew

Fall has set in here in Seattle and we're craving stews and soups like it's nobody's business. I've made this beef stew three times in the last eight days, that's how much we love it.

Ingredients

3 Russet potatoes, cubed
2 celery stalks, sliced
2 large carrots, sliced
2 tspn minced garlic
1 pound beef stew meat
3 cups beef broth or 3 tspn boullion granuales disolved in 3 cups water
salt and pepper to taste
14.5 oz can diced tomatoes
italian seasonings to taste

Directions
1. Throw everything in crockpot.
2. Set it to low and cook 6-8 hours or 1 hour on high and 4 hours on low
3. Watch a football game or do yardwork
4. Eat the stew

Cook's Notes
I didn't use a recipe for this and I tend to add things willy-nilly. Like today's batch had 4 potatoes and a lot of celery. Occasionally I dice up my own tomatoes.

You can manipulate this a doezen ways. Add barely or rice or kale or whatever you like in stews. I've seen variations that add red wine.

I serve it with day old sourdough or french bread and a salad.

Make it your own!

8 comments:

Clover said...

Spotted your write – ups, it’s cool. Very beneficial and interesting there are some ideas I haven’t heard before. Thanks for sharing.

clover
www.n8fan.net

Leslie Lim said...

I really like your ideas. I truly appreciate your effort in publishing this article. Keep it up and God bless.

Lizzy
www.imarksweb.org

sarah lee said...

I really enjoyed reading your article. I found this as an informative and interesting post, so i think it is very useful and knowledgeable. I would like to thank you for the effort you have made in writing this article.


edupdf.org

joy said...

Thanks for sharing your recipe to us. Its look delicious.

jovie

www.n8fan.net

Vicky Joe said...

I accidentally viewed your blog and I was so amazed with your work that it touched the deepness of my heart and it made me sentimental. Thanks for posting. Visit my site too.

n8fan.net

www.n8fan.net

Cindy Dy said...

It's enjoyable to learn more and more from your blog. Thanks for sharing.

MAcy
www.gofastek.com

lee woo said...

I really enjoyed reading your article. I found this as an informative and interesting post, so i think it is very useful and knowledgeable. I would like to thank you for the effort you have made in writing this article.


edupdf.org

lee woo said...

Love it! Very interesting topics, I hope the incoming comments and suggestion are equally positive. Thank you for sharing this information that is actually helpful.


ufgop.org
ufgop.org