Sunday, June 19, 2011

Ice cream (frozen yogurt) for dogs










Given that summer has been creeping in this last week (70 degrees! sun!) we've been feeding our girls puppy ice cream in the form of Frosty Paws. However, they are expensive and probably not the healthiest for the dogs. I put my reference librarian skills to the test and found a recipe written by a vet.


Ingredients:



32 oz lowfat vanilla yogurt


2 ripe bananas


1 cup peanut butter



Directions:



Blend everything in a blender. Pour into 3 oz dixie cups and freeze. Make about 16-18 servings.






Cook's notes:


This is totally safe for humans and I will not lie, I licked the spatula and ate one cup. It's freaking good! The dogs loved it too. It's safe to say that I will never buy Frosty Paws again and we will eat these all summer. I've also turned into the type of person who makes frozen yogurt for dogs.

No comments: