Sunday, June 19, 2011

epic fail: kale smoothie



Last weekend was gorgeous and sunny and after a hike in Dsicovery park with the dogs we came home and decided we wanted to make smoothies for lunch. We had an abundance of kale in the bakyard that was about to go and I found the following recipe for a kale-apple smoothie on the Real Simple website.






Ingredients
3/4 cup chopped kale, ribs and thick stems removed
1 small stalk celery, chopped
1/2 banana
1/2 cup apple juice
1/2 cup ice
1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice




Directions
1. Place the kale, celery, banana, apple juice, ice, and lemon juice in a blender.
2. Blend until smooth and frothy.






Cook's notes:






It was too pulpy and gross to try and drink. I felt bad about wasting all of that kale. I will not be making this again.






I should note that I subsituted in orange-mango juice for apple. I would say that was my problem but it still tasted like kale.

No comments: