I have a confession to make. On meatless Mondays I get a bit too excited and overambitious with the meals.
For Monday night's meal I had a vision. I saw stacks of polenta with eggplant, mozzarella, and roasted tomatoes. I did not have a recipe.
Bachelor Dave was coming over for supper. He was early so I put him to work slicing the polenta and eggplant into rounds while we waited for Mr. Snowgoose to get home from work.
1 small-medium eggplant, sliced (you probably want to peel it first!)
1 tube of polenta, cut into 1/4 inch rounds
2 tbsps oilve oil.
1/2 cup roasted tomatoes
1/3 of a mozzarella log, sliced
1. Panic (kidding!)
2. Slice eggplant, polenta, and cheese into 1/4 slices
3. Spread eggplant and polenta onto baking sheets and bake for 20 minutes. Drizzle with olive oil.
4. Make "stacks" of polenta, eggplant, mozzarella, and tomatoes and place on baking sheet. Broil for 3-5 minutes or until cheese is bubbly and brown.
1. Mr. Snowgoose said we should make the polenta crispier.
2. Bachelor Dave said the presentation was lovely.
3. Apparently, I'm the only one who liked eggplant.
4. Serve with a side salad or roasted potatoes.
5. We also tested out a dessert recipe that I can't talk about until Saturday.