From Sunset magazine (I think).
12 large sea scallops (about 1 lb.), rinsed
1 tablespoon Asian (toasted) sesame oil
1/4 teaspoon salt
1 1/2 tablespoons Asian chili paste
Rice and steamed vegetables (optional)
Toasted sesame seeds
1. In a medium bowl, mix scallops, sesame oil, and salt. Let scallops marinate 15 minutes.
2. Meanwhile, preheat broiler. Arrange scallops in a broiler pan. In a small bowl, combine chili paste with 1 tbsp. water. Spoon about 1/2 tsp. chili sauce onto each scallop.
3. Broil 4 in. from heat until scallops are opaque and chili sauce starts to brown, about 5 minutes. Serve with rice and steamed vegetables if you like. Sprinkle with sesame seeds.
1. It wasn't until I had started dinner that I realized I had forgotten the seame oil and toasted sesame seeds. Needless to say, I skipped step 1.
2. It's pretty spicy, so watch out!
That time we went to Tofino
2 years ago