I've been wanting to try pesto lasagna for awhile. I love pesto, and since we have an abundance of basil in our yard, it made sense to try this recipe.
8 ounces whole wheat lasagna noodles
15 ounces part skim ricotta
1/3 cup chopped fresh basil
1/4 cup toasted pine nuts (toast in a dry skillet until golden)
1/3 cup pesto
4 ounces part skim mozzarella cheese
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Cook lasagna noodles as directed or use no boil.
2. In a bowl combine ricotta, basil, pine nuts.
3. Spray 11 1/2 x 7 inch baking pan with spray. Spread 1/3 pesto on bottom of pan. Cover pesto with 1/2 noodles. Spread half the herb-ricotta mix over noodles. Repeat previous steps and cover whole thing with pesto. Sprinkle with mozzerella cheese.
4. Bake for 30 minutes. Let cool for 15 minutes before serving.
1. Um yeah, this was mediocre at best. It was missing something (like tomatoes). The lack of tomatoes and filling made it dense.
2. I like pesto, but this was pesto overload.
Mr. Snowgoose ate it and didn't complain, though he did agree it needed some tomatoes. Would I make this again? No way!
That time we went to Tofino
3 years ago