Tuesday, October 21, 2008

Hungry Cougar's Super Yummy Homemade Applesauce

I recently went apple picking, as I love to do every fall, and ended up with the usual abundance of apples that I had no idea what to do with. So I went looking for applesauce recipes, and found this great, easy recipe that I modified a bit. I did a small batch to see how it went, but I'm sure you could easily double it. This was also my first time using my slow-cooker, and wow do I ever love that thing. Sorry I have no pictures, me and the fiance ate it too fast.

Ingredients:
5 apples (I used Macintosh and Courtland), peeled, cored and chopped
3/4 cup water
1/4 cup white sugar
1/2 tsp. ground cinnamon (I was a little more liberal with the cinnamon)

1. Add everything to slow cooker and stir a bit.
2. Cook on high for 3-3 1/2 hours.
3. Depending on how chunky you like your applesauce, you can leave as is or mush it up a bit.
4. Chill and enjoy!

No comments: