Tuesday, September 9, 2008

Easy Edamame Salad (as seen at Whole Foods)

I found this recipe at Whole Foods. The description was kind of funny: "Edamame are protein rich and kids love them. This salad is good enough to make them eat their vegetables. It holds up well in the lunch box and comes together quickly. Let the kids help with the grating."

Serves 4

Ingredients:
one- 16 oz bag of shelled edamame
3 carrots, peeled and grated (using the large holes of a box grater)
1 zucchini, peeled and grated (using the large holes of a box grater)
8 radishes, quartered

Toss together all the above ingredients with your favorite bottled sesame dressing.

Note: I forgot the zucchini.



I used it as a side in the birthday dinner I made for my new Father-In-Law. His verdict was "While I wouldn't ask you to make the salad again, I would eat it again if you made it and laced it in front of me."

No comments: