Monday, April 28, 2008

Pre race Fuel: No Boil Baked Ziti

The night before the marathon I wanted a good, homecooked meal. And by homecooked I mean one I didn't have to make.

My mom and Mr. Snowgoose were in town for the big race, so my mom made dinner. While Mr. Snowgoose and I saw a movie, my mom made baked ziti.

I borrowed this recipe from the internet. I think it's a Ragu recipe.

Ingridients:
1 (26 oz.) jar Ragu Pasta Sauce
1 1/2 cups water
1 (15 oz container ricotta cheese (we used whipped cottage cheese)
2 cups shredded mozzarella cheese
1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
8 ounces uncooked ziti pasta

Directions:
1. Preheat oven to 400 degrees

2. Combine sauce and water. Stir in cottage cheese, 1 cup mozzarella and Parmesan, then uncooked ziti. Spoon ziti mixture into a 13 x9 baking dish. Cover with foil.

3. Bake 55 minutes

4. Remove foil and sprinkle with remaining mozzarella. Bake uncovered for 5 more minutes.

Serves 8.

I know what you're thinking- only 8 ounces of pasta? Seriously?! But it was enough. We used whole wheat pasta and I don't think my guests noticed the differance.

Serve with a salad and french bread.

Sorry no photos! Next time I make it I'll take some.

This is by far one of the easiest recipes to make. And it's super yummy!

No comments: