She narrowly defeated Mr. Snowgoose with the ever so tasty Low-fat Pumpkin-Chocolate Chip Muffins, as decided by Sharona. It was the moist goodness chock full of chocolate that pushed the muffins over the edge.
Really, chocolate chips will win every single time. Who can resist?
Mr. Snowgoose made a delicious apple cake (complete with homemade applesauce), but it was muffins hands down.
This recipe was passed on to me by a friend. It really does taste so good you forget it's healthy.
The recipe comes from the angry chicken blog: http://angrychicken.typepad.com/angry_chicken/2007/09/mackin-good-yal.html
chocolate chip pumpkin muffins
1 1/2 cup flour
1 1/2 cup whole wheat flour
2 teaspoons baking soda
2 teaspoons baking powder
2 teaspoons cinnamon
1 teaspoon ground ginger
1/2 teaspoon ground nutmeg
1/4 teaspoon cloves (I actually omitted these as I had none)
1/2 teaspoon salt
2 egg whites
1 cup brown sugar
1/2 cup white sugar
2/3 cups apple sauce
1/3 cup vegetable oil
1 can (15oz) pumpkin
1 1/2 cup chocolate chips
1. Pre-heat oven to 350 degrees.
2. Mix flours, spices, and all the other dry stuff together.
3. In a different bowl mix the eggs, oil, applesauce and pumpkin. Add the dry stuff- to the wet,then stir in the chocolate chips.
4. Bake 20 min.
1. On the blog where the recipe was hatched from, it is suggested that one could make cookies from the batter by dropping a tablespoon of batter on a cookie sheet and baking 8-10 minutes. The cookies came out all fluffy and tasted exactly like the muffins. Don't waste your time trying it.
2. These were possibly the easiest muffins I've ever made, and the easiest to clean up. They will probably become my fall standby!
That time we went to Tofino
2 years ago