Friday, August 17, 2007

Nature's Bounty: Summer Produce

My apologies for the hiatus. It's actually been quite warm here and I've been quite lazy. For the past few weeks my meals have pretty much just been raw veggies and hummus, sushi, and salads as it's too hot to turn on the stove.

One of the great things about living and working downtown is the abundance of farmer's markets in the summer and fall. There's a giant one outside of my work that is there twice a week. I've stopped getting my organic produce delivered and started supporting my local farmers.

But seriously you can't get a better deal than a farmers market. Last week I walked away with a zucchini, yellow summer squash, two ears of corn, a green bell pepper, and three cucumbers for $3.75.

Check out my massive produce! (The cucumber was bigger than my arm!)

No comments: