Wednesday, July 11, 2007

I Can't Believe it's Vegan!: Nachos

I love nachos.

It's probably my favorite bar food in the world aside from rosemary/garlic/parmasian cheese fries.

I had a bunch of leftovers from my party (mostly chips), so I decided to try and make them myself.

It couldn't have been easier.

Ingridients:

organic blue corn chips (like Garden of Good Eatin')
1/2 cup shredded soy cheese
2 tablespoons soy sour cream
guacamole
olives
salsa
1/4 can black beans
green onions (chopped)
tomatoes

Directions:

1. Layer half the chips on the bottem of a nonstick oven pan.

2. Sprinkle 1/4 cup of soy cheese over chips.

3. Toss olives, tomatoes, and onions on.

4. Layer the remaining chips on top.

5. Add the remaining soy cheese and black beans.

6. Cook in oven for about 5-8 minutes at 350 degrees, or until cheese has melted.

7. Serve with salsa, guacamole, and soy sour cream on the side.

No comments: