Friday, March 2, 2007

roasted veggie "lasagna"

It's not a lasagna at all, but it's all nicely layered, and you can cut yourself squares of it. It's lasagna-esque. I've had this for lunch for the past couple days with some leftover white bean dip on crackers, and it's just lovely.

Slice very thinly: white potatoes, sweet potatoes, turnips, parsnips, carrots, onions
(enough to fill a 9-by-11 lasagna pan)

Put in a layer of the root veggies, mixed or not. (I did every vegetable in turn.)

Add a layer of onions, along with sliced garlic, salt and pepper, thyme, and a drizzling of olive oil. (I used a garlic salt mill a friend gave me, which I never thought I'd use, but there you go.)

Add another layer of root veggies. And then some more onions and olive oil. Repeat. End with more salt and pepper and thyme.

Bake at 350, covered for the second half, until a fork goes in easily. It should take between an hour and an hour an a half.

A great way to use up all those root vegetables!

No comments: