Tuesday, February 6, 2007

Pucker up! It's Lemon Bundt Cake

I made this because I needed a dessert for Saturday night, and because I wanted to test the new bundt pan Sharona gave me for my birthday.

The recipe was in the pan.

Lemon Cake

Ingridients
1 1/2 cups of granulated sugar (I used Splenda)
1 1/2 cups (3 sticks)I used unsalted butter, room temperature
5 eggs (1)
1 teaspoon Whilton Pure Vanilla Extract (or immitation vanilla flavor)
1 tablespoon Whilton lemon flavor (I looked everywhere and could only find lemon extract)
2 1/4 cups of all purpose flour (I used whole wheat to offset the 3 sticks of butter0
1 1.2 teaspoons baking powder
1 1/2- 2 teaspoons lemon zezt (is that lemon peel?)

glaze
1 1/2 cups confectioners sugar
1 teaspoon fresh lemon juice
1 tablespoon milk



Directions

1. Preheat oven to 350. Spray 10" fluted tube pan.

2. Cream sugar and butter in mixer in bowl until light and fluffy. Add eggs, vanilla, and lemon flavor, mix until smooth.
3. Add flour and baking powder, mix 30 seconds. Add lemon zestand mix one more minute.

4. Place batter in prepared pan.

Bake 50-55 minutes or until toothpick inserted in the middle comes clean.

5. Cool 10 minutes on cooling rack. Loosen sides; remove from pan. and cool completely before glazing.

6. To glaze whisk together ingridients in a small bowl. Drizzle over cooled cake.



Makes 10-12 servings.

This was relatively easy, although I did leave the cake in the oven a little too long so it was slightly dry. But once I zapped it in the microwave, it tasted fantatsic.

No comments: