Saturday, January 27, 2007

Shrimp and garlic pasta with a bunch of frozen veggies

I created this meal the other night because I was out of soup and I needed to pack a lunch for work, something that was hearty.

I totally made this recipe up using whatever I could find.

Ingridients
3 oz frozen shrimp, already peeled and de-pooped (ie from Trader Joes)
3 oz whole wheat pasta
1 cup of fresh or frozen spinach, chopped
1 1/2 cups of frozen veggies (corn and broccoli)
garlic
olive oil
parmasian cheese



Directions
1. Bring two pots of water to boil: one for pasta, one for steaming the veggies
2. Toss pasta in one pot, follow cooking directions
3. In the second pot steam veggies and shrimp. Note: I don't own a steamer. Instead I am using a small collander over the pot. I had to steam in three shifts: pasta and garlic, corn and broccoli and garlic, spinach.

4. Mix everything in a bowl and add olive oil and parmasian cheese.




Ta-Da!
The world's easiest meal and a totally healthy lunch.

No comments: